Hot to choose a Handheld ECG Monitor
The single channel handheld ECG monitors are designed for patient home use or professional doing routine check use. They are not a powerful diagnostic tool as multi-channel ECG/EKG machine , however they are portable ,inexpensive and easy to use. It helps you to monitor your cardiac conditions.
The major features to be consider to choose a handheld ECG monitor
1) Screen : Monochrome screen without backlight is hard to read in weak or super bright light condition. Monochrome screen with backlight can be viewed in all occasion. Color screen can be viewable in all occasion in a fancy way.
2) Working Mode: Easy mode: Monitor records 30 seconds strip , stop , then records next 30 seconds strip . Continuous mode : Monitor records waveform without stop.
3) SD card slot: with SD card slot , monitor can extend the recording time to upto 100 hours . Also you can easily move the data to computer by insert the sd card to your computer.
4) Software: Internal software : Provides hint for possible cardiac symptoms. PC Software : manage the data from the monitor , provide statistics and print out . If Monitor has continuous mode, the pc software can live show the waveform and save data directly into computer.
5) Electrodes : all the monitor has built-in palm electrode on side of the monitor for easy working mode. When external electrodes used with leads wire, the electrodes options are available are : Standard snap disposable electrodes , reusable suction cups chest electrodes , limb clamp electrodes , disposable tab electrodes. Reusable electrodes are less comfortable to patient , but less cost. Tab electrodes is less expensive than snap electrodes , but can be used when patient is rest status .
Comparison chart of ECG monitor from our website.
other electrode option
memory card slot